The first coming to mind when talking about studying in Northern Cyprus, is that whether or not we need a student visa to study in Northern Cyprus?
Northern Cyprus student visa
If you are planning to study abroad, we recommend you the study destination of Northern Cyprus, because studying in the universities of Northern Cyprus, such as Turkey, does not require obtaining a student visa before entering, and only receiving a study acceptance letter is sufficient. After enrolling at the university and obtaining a student certificate, one should apply for a one-year student visa through the Northern Cyprus Immigration Department website.
It should be noted that the University degrees of Northern Cyprus are highly prestigious due to the correct and complete coordination of the educational system with the Turkish government, and it has the ability to transfer international students to European universities. Also, the reason for the popularity of this educational destination is the low cost of studying in Northern Cyprus universities compared to other countries and the lack of requirement to obtain a student visa in advance.
Generally, the documents required to receive academic admission from Northern Cyprus universities are as follows:
- Copy of applicant’s passport
- Completed admission application form
- Translation of the applicant’s educational documents along with transcripts
- Translation of identity documents (such as birth certificate)
- Student motivation letter
- Admission fee payment receipt
- Health insurance (if requested by the university)
- Letter of financial ability to prove that you have the financial ability to cover the educational and livelihood expenses
- IELTS or TOEFL certificate (if available)
- Letter of recommendation from academic professors (for graduate courses)
Finally, you should send the academic and financial documents to the university by the deadline and wait for the response email from the admissions department. If your application is approved, the study acceptance letter will be sent to you immediately.