The Near East University is one of the universities in Northern Cyprus, which has the most variety of fields of studies among the universities of Cyprus. All applicants can continue their studies in any field of study in this university.
This university was established in 1988 in the city of Lefkosha, the capital of Northern Cyprus, and is considered as one of the oldest universities in Northern Cyprus. From the very beginning, the Near East University has provided good opportunities for students to study in bachelor’s, master’s and PhD degrees. In this university, more than 26 thousand students from more than 100 countries have gathered to study. Near East University consists of 20 faculties and is a member of the Union of European Universities, the International Association of Universities in UNESCO, the International Association of Engineering Education and the International Joint Commission.
Near East University is one of the firsts in Cyprus, including:
- The first medical school in Northern Cyprus
- The first and largest dental school in Northern Cyprus, which was known as the only dental school in Northern Cyprus until 2019.
- Having the supercomputer, which is considered as one of the most advanced and powerful computers in the world, with the ability to support several international researches.
- Having the largest and most comprehensive library in the Eastern Mediterranean region with more than one million printed materials and 115 million electronic resources.
- Near East University Hospital, which is the most advanced research and teaching hospital in the Eastern Mediterranean region.
- Faculty of Pharmacy, which is the first Faculty of Pharmacy in Northern Cyprus.
North Cyprus Near East University is like a small city that has provided many facilities for the well-being of its students, including sports clubs, gyms, restaurants and cafeterias, indoor swimming pool and post office.
- The dormitory Fee in this university is paid in euros.
- The deposit fee is actually the money paid in advance and will be returned to the student at the end.
Kindergarten in Near East University
In order to ensure the prosperity of mothers who study and have to attend classes at Near East University of Northern Cyprus, a nursery for staff and students has been established as a place for children to play and a place for mothers to be comfortable. In this kindergarten children with different age groups are kept in a separate section. The kindergarten staff of the Near East University of Northern Cyprus are selected among the graduates of nursing schools and the preschool education department, and they have passed special training courses in the field of infant and child care.
Majors thought in Near East University
- Preparatory English School (for students weak at English when entering the university)
- Faculty of Basic Sciences
- Medical School
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Maritime Studies
- School of Architecture
- School of Law
- Faculty of Communication
- Faculty of Art
- Atatürk Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Fine Arts Design
- Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sports Sciences
- School of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Health and Medicine